Sunday, July 20, 2008

Some new cards

This card was inspired by the project of the week over at Unity Stamp Co.'s forum. Here is the link with identicaltriplets' cool card fold and sample. This project was quick and easy to do. I used some stamps from Unity called Flower Parade. Added punched elements, some flowers, ribbon, rub-on, brad, and gem to finish it off. Such a simple card fold, but so much fun!

This is a card done with some stamps from Unity Stamp Co. called flower parade. The flower is stamped using a watercolor spritzing technique. I took two shades of pink markers, inking the whole thing with the lighter shade, and going over and dabbing on the darker shade randomly. Then I spritzed the stamp lightly with water. This gives it a stone-like look. I inked the swirl stamp very unevenly so it gives it a distressed look. Then I went over it with lime stickles. I added some prima flowers and some gems to the flowers to finish it off. The inspiration for this card came from the sweet decorative paper I got at Target a while ago. I just love the pattern and colors of the paper.


No comments: