Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This is a father's day or birthday card I made using this cute little man owl from The Angel Company. I just thought he would make a fun card for a guy. I computer generated the saying "Whoooo's your Daddy?!?". I added glossy accents to his eyes, beak, and feet for some dimension.

This card uses a bird stamp and saying from the $ section at Michaels. The bird is by inkadinkado and the saying is studio G. The background is a fabulous stamp from Unity Stamp Company called distressed dots. It's a must have stamp in my opinion! I wanted to make this card really spring like and fun, so I added glitter to the bird and the leaves, really bright and sparkly. Just a cheery, bright card.

Here's my first valentine card of the year. I thought this would be a fun kid's valentine for a boy or a girl. I love doing cards with non-traditional colors or styles, so they are more general. These are more stamps from the $ section at Michaels. The dog is by inkadinkado. I colored him using bic markits. I cut around the arms using a craft knife so he could hold the acrylic heart. Used nestabilities to cut the circle pieces. Those things are awesome! Thanks for checking out my new cards, and happy stamping!!! :)


3 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are wonderful Jessica! I especially love the colors and the sparkle on the bird in the second card! :D

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute cards Jessica! I love them all!

Melisa Waldorf said...

I LOVE that Artsy Owl set!! Just wanted to say thanks for leaving me a comment on my butterfly frame and invite you to participate in a the Creative Challenges I just started hosting on my blog since you own TAC stamps. I'm giving away a free stamp set monthly. Here's the link for the details:
Challenge Introduction :
http://paperliciousdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/paperlicious-designs-challenges.html
Link for challenge #1 and future challenges :
http://paperliciousdesigns.blogspot.com/search/label/Creative%20Challenges
I hope you can join in!!